Wednesday 1 June 2011

Suwrimo

What is Suwrimo? Put simply, it's like NaNoWriMo, but less stressful.

It takes place from June 1st to August 31st. You set a goal (wordcount, completed stories, whatever) and attempt to reach this goal before time's up. It's simple, and a relief for people who can't participate in Nano.

This will be my sixth year doing Suwrimo. The first three years I was working on my first story, and set wordcount goals, all of which I managed to meet, and even go over a little. The fourth year I wrote Glitch--it only took me a month after Suwrimo to finish it, making Glitch my fastest ever novel written. Last year, my fifth year, I decided to make my goal a little more interesting--I was going to finish my first novel, which was taking forever. So I did, and then I started in on Blue Star when I met that goal. This year, year number six, I will be finishing Star.

I love Suwrimo. It's the time of the year when I get the most writing done, because I don't have to worry about doing homework at the same time. I can sit down, plan, and then take off when June starts, and have a little community to help me keep going.

Now, Suwrimo started on Gaia, but this year we're trying to branch out a bit, and there's a forum you can join in with. Don't worry about time; you can still join even though it's already started, and you don't even have to go in for the full three months. If you don't want to join, there's no pressure to, but I have to say that it's wonderful motivation to get writing and stay writing.

I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment