Saturday 19 March 2011

Hello there.

I'm also a student, as well as a "retail associate" at a theme park, AKA I work in one of the gift shops running the cash register. I write, occasionally and sporadically. It's something I'd like to do more often, but the creative energy often leaves me when I have the time to do so, and shows up when I don't have the time to write.

On the internet, I am most often known as Ikaru. Sometimes the title OVERLORD is given (and this I do insist be put in all caps, simply because that is how the username is written), and sometimes the last name Kakou is added. I respond to all three, but prefer simply Ikaru.

In some circles, Ikaru is known to have a Mexican split personality named Carlos. Carlos is a bartender. I have no explanation for this.

As for what I write, most of my previous work was fanfiction, though I will proclaim that it barely counts, as in most cases I didn't use the characters or universes provided by the source material (it's fairly simple to do that with those fandoms, trust me). Currently, I'm writing what I supposed could be called comedic urban fantasy. I didn't set out to make it comedic (in fact it was supposed to be quite dark), but for the moment it seems to be coming out that way.

I'm a fan of magic in almost any form (NOT the card game). I play Dungeons and Dragons, and my first character was a sorcerer (though currently I play a monk). My stories often involve magic to some degree, and I often have a very strong opinion about how magic works in a specific story.

My thoughts are often very disorganized, as you can probably tell from this post.

And now I am done with this post, as it is 11:30 at night here and I have to be at work in less than 11 hours. Huzzah for screwed up sleep schedules!

- Ikaru

No comments:

Post a Comment